Thread: Chat Folder and Preferences Tab not visible in client

mstreet is offline Active Member

Default Chat Folder and Tool Tab and Preferences Tab not visible in client

Hi,

I took a look at the submitted bugs and could not find this one.

I just did an upgrade from 4.5.9 to 5.0.1 this past weekend. Uneventful upgrade.

However I have some Disappearing strangeness with my Chat folder, the Chat tab in the toolbar and in Preferences as well as the Chat menu selections in new... They do not display in my web client.

At first I thought it was my browser, older Firefox 1.5, then I tried it on my Windows box with the lastest 2.* version of Firefox and the same behavior. Same behavior with all themes as well. Same behavior disabling and then re-enabling chat.

There were a few instances right after the upgrade when I was able to see Floating Buddy list and New Chat in my NEW menu on the toolbar, they did bring up a chat window and a floating buddy list that did not work, but those have since disappeared.... leaving my chatless in Seattle.

So.... I created a new user to see if they got all the goodies, low and behold Chat menus and applications look and work spiffy. So it had to be the upgrade of my original account that got mucked up somehow.

I have logged in with DAV and checked out my folders and I can see the Chat folder in my list.... but it has another Chat folder inside of it.... Come to think of it my Briefcase folder has another Briefcase folder inside of it....

Anyway, if anyone can shed some light on this. My version and details are current in my profile.

Thanks,
    Last edited by mstreet; 01-14-2008 at 09:01 PM.
    Mark Street, D.C., RHCE
    Chief Technology Officer
    Alliance Medical Center

gregtampa is offline New Member

where you get Floating Buddy list im trying to figure out how to install that..

mmorse is offline Moderator

New menu > show floating buddy list (pic attached)

Mark,
    You might check to be sure you're in conversation mode when in the chats folder. Sometimes mine has trouble displaying the bodies of the message (it's a bug somewhere) but they do appear fine in an IMAP client.
    Last edited by mmorse; 04-14-2008 at 09:20 PM.

gregtampa is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    New menu > show floating buddy list (pic attached)

Mark,
    You might check to be sure you're in conversation mode when in the chats folder. Sometimes mine has trouble displaying the bodies of the message (it's a bug somewhere) but they do appear fine in an IMAP client.
    now how can i display this in an iframe, or another page?

Thread Information