Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: File Upload does not work in Briefcase

dazza_act is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dazza_act View Post
    Was there ever an outcome to this? I see quite a few message discussing the problem of file uploads to the briefcase not working but no suggested solutions.

We just went from

trial NE Release 5.0.9_GA_2533.RHEL5_20080815101705 CentOS5 to
    open source Release 5.0.14_GA_2850.RHEL5_20090303142201 CentOS5.

Now the file upload to the briefcase is broken. It uploads images fine but not pdf files so it looks like we are running in to the issue of mime headers and file conversions discussed in the forums.

But as I said, I can't see any resolutions from anyone. Can anyone help with this? Not being able to upload files to the briefcase is a real show stopper for us.

Cheers.
    So, this puts us in an awkward position in supporting Zimbra to non-profit orgs in Australia. We do recommend the pro network version to larger groups (+25 users) as the discount for non-profits makes it an affordable price to our sector. But we also need to have the FOSS version available to smaller groups or those with no need for Outlook connectivity etc.

So here we go and our very first install of the FOSS version and I find that we can't get support for what doesn't seem like a very difficult issue. Although this is not a clean install but rather an migration from the Network edition and we are running on CentOS which I understand is not supported. But given it's essentially RH AES I would think that would not be an issue at all.

Where should we go from here? Is there an option to pay for one-off support of the FOSS version or is it time we moved on to other products?

Cheers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Darrell Burkey
    Technical Manager, CASE Inc.
    Home*-*www.case.org.au

Risotto is offline Intermediate Member

Default Yet another instance of this bug

Count me in for an other occurance of this bug. We downgraded from 5.0.11 NE to 5.0.12 OSS and now upgraded to 5.0.14 OSS.

Code:
    2009-04-20 06:40:52,314 WARN  [btpool0-0] [name=######@######.##;aname=admin@#####.#####.###;mid=10;ip=##.###.##.###;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Mac)/5.0.14_GA_2850.UBUNTU8_64;] SoapEngine - handler exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mime.MimeHandlerManager$HandlerInfo.getInstance(MimeHandlerManager.java:49)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mime.MimeHandlerManager.getMimeHandler(MimeHandlerManager.java:84)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mime.ParsedDocument.<init>(ParsedDocument.java:75)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mime.ParsedDocument.<init>(ParsedDocument.java:62)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.createDocument(Mailbox.java:6466)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiPage$LocalWikiPage.create(WikiPage.java:155)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.Wiki.addPage(Wiki.java:661)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.wiki.SaveDocument.handle(SaveDocument.java:150)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:429)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:276)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:160)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:269)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:190)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
    	at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
    	at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:716)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:406)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:350)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:844)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:644)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
    	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

Isn't anyone from Zimbra reading this forum? There must be some way to test and resolve this issue. Having a main feature totally broken is an issue I think would be worthy of assistance.

cheers.

Thanks to a top notch open source software developer that volunteers time to our organisation this issue was finally solved. Hopefully the following will assist others.

After taking note of this posting where jholder explains the same solution for a similar problem in an earlier version:

https://www.zimbra.com/forums/admini...e-files-2.html

Andrew Tridgell (of SAMBA/rsync fame) sent me the following info which cleared up the problem:

The problem was that you still had the mime type information loaded in
    the zimbra ldap database from the non-free version of Zimbra. I used
    ldapdelete to delete that old mime information like this:

ldapdelete -x -h `zmhostname` -D "uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra" -w `zmlocalconfig -s -m nokey zimbra_ldap_password` -r cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra

then I added the correct mime information like this:

ldapmodify -x -h `zmhostname` -D "uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra" -w `zmlocalconfig -s -m nokey zimbra_ldap_password` -a -f /opt/zimbra/openldap-2.3.43.7z/etc/openldap/zimbra_mimehandlers.ldif

and now it seems to work fine.

The old mime information had records containing
    "zimbraMimeHandlerExtension=convertd" which referred to a java class
    that doesn't exist in the free version.

gunvier is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by dazza_act View Post
    ldapdelete -x -h `zmhostname` -D "uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra" -w `zmlocalconfig -s -m nokey zimbra_ldap_password` -r cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra

then I added the correct mime information like this:

ldapmodify -x -h `zmhostname` -D "uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra" -w `zmlocalconfig -s -m nokey zimbra_ldap_password` -a -f /opt/zimbra/openldap-2.3.43.7z/etc/openldap/zimbra_mimehandlers.ldif

and now it seems to work fine.

The old mime information had records containing
    "zimbraMimeHandlerExtension=convertd" which referred to a java class
    that doesn't exist in the free version.
    We have downgraded from Network Edition to Open Source (now on 5.0.18). And still happening the same problem. I have used your solution (obviously changed the openldap version on the folder) and is ok.

For the Zimbra Guys, should it be done on the next release of FOSS installer, this need to be done when a downgrade is performed.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gunvier View Post
    For the Zimbra Guys, should it be done on the next release of FOSS installer, this need to be done when a downgrade is performed.
    It won't 'get done' unless someone files a bug report in bugzilla, have a search to see if one's there already or please file one if there isn't.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information