Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using Zimbra shared folders to simulate "discussion forums"

Rabid is offline Intermediate Member

Default Update: revised entries in my postfix_header_checks.in

My fix described above failed when an iPhone user e-mailed to my dist. list and respondents clicking Reply ended up replying to just the sender and not the list.

Looking at his message headers, I found the message sent from an iPhone had an informal name before the email address in the "To: " field:
    To: List Nickname <list@domain.com>

So I changed & simplified my regexp rule from this:
    Code:
    if /^To: <list@domain.com>/
    /^To: <list@domain.com>/ PREPEND Reply-To: list@domain.com
    endif
    to just this line:
    Code:
    /^To: .*list@domain.com.*/ PREPEND Reply-To: list@domain.com
    The 'dot-star' matches any number of any characters, and I put it before and after the email address, so it also matches the angle-bracketed email address. That fixed the problem for me.

Of course, this would result in unwanted matches for email addresses like:
    Code:
    Joseph.List@domain.com
    list@domain.commonserver.org
    but my few sites have very few users, so the risk of false matches is low, for me.

Default postfix fix for reply-to-list fails now

This fix appears to fail, now, after upgrading to
    Zimbra Release 6.0.9_GA_2686.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 FOSS edition on Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS

Trying to figure out why my changes to postfix_header_checks.in aren't being respected anymore...

This appears to be the cause for this fix failing:
    Bug 52942 - enable use of Postfix header_checks in conjunction with Amavis banned attachment warnings

There's a couple of workarounds described there which I'll try to get back the ability for users to reply to distribution lists easily.

Per [SOLVED] Headerchecks, from fnetmohan's post:

"Admin Console -> Global Settings -> Attachments tab -> Send blocked extension notification to recipient. After disabling this settings now header checks is working fine."

This worked for me, too. My custom header-checks & rewrites described in this thread work OK after disabling that setting.

Default Reply to distribution list and not the sender

FYI, after upgrading to Zimbra Release 7.1.1_GA_3196.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition on Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS, I applied the previously-mentioned change to postfix_header_checks.in and replies to distribution lists go to the DL and not the sender, as expected.

cwall64 is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    FYI, after upgrading to Zimbra Release 7.1.1_GA_3196.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition on Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS, I applied the previously-mentioned change to postfix_header_checks.in and replies to distribution lists go to the DL and not the sender, as expected.
    Has anybody tried this with version 8? I am trying to get a DL to work and seeing similar results that it just goes back to the original sender if the reply-to address is checked and set to the list...
    Release 8.0.2.GA.5569.UBUNTU12.64 UBUNTU12_64 NETWORK edition

Default Reply-To distribution list still not working

Quote Originally Posted by cwall64 View Post
    Has anybody tried this with version 8? I am trying to get a DL to work and seeing similar results that it just goes back to the original sender if the reply-to address is checked and set to the list...
    I recently upgraded my ZCS Open Source to Release 8.0.2.GA.5569.UBUNTU12.64 UBUNTU12_64 FOSS edition.
    I was excited to find support for Reply-To Distribution Lists in the Zimbra Admin GUI.
    But after testing it, I've found it still doesn't work as expected for recipients who are not Zimbra users.
    If the recipient is using something like Yahoo! email, their reply still goes only to the sender.
    If the recipient is using the Zimbra client, their reply goes to the DL, as expected.

So I turned off the Reply-To Distribution List features in my DLs in the Zimbra Admin GUI, and re-enabled my hack to the file,
    /opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_header_checks.in
    as described in
    Using Zimbra shared folders to simulate "discussion forums"

The result is almost what I expect, except that now non-Zimbra recipients get duplicated DL addresses when they reply to messages sent to the DL.
    So their reply message now gets sent twice to the DL. Grrrr.
    A subsequent responder using Zimbra client or an iPhone strips off the second of the duplicated addresses, but other responders still continue to send twice to the DL address.

According to
    https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15664
    this issue has been fixed, but apparently only for recipients who are Zimbra client users.

So I'm now trying to figure out how to make my hack detect when the DL has already been prepended-to and not prepend it again in the postfix_header_checks.in file.
    This seems to be a lot harder than it should be after all of these years administering a Zimbra email server...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information