Thread: Documents tab gives "HTTP ERROR: 500"

dowdle is offline Intermediate Member

Default Documents tab gives "HTTP ERROR: 500"

ZCS Version: Zimbra 5.0 RHEL4 i386 Open Source edition (have upgraded just fine from many, many previous versions)

I doubt this is a problem that many have run into because I think it is self-inflicted. It is hard to describe but I'll do my best. The problem existed before I upgraded to 5.0 so I don't believe it is related to the upgrade from 4.5.10 to 5.0 but the changes between the versions (switching from Tomcat to Jetty) may have altered the symptoms/error messages and what the fix might be.

When I was first trying out Zimbra (2-ish years ago?), I wasn't sure if I wanted it to host mail for my domain (montanalinux.org) so the first Zimbra domain I created was mail.montanalinux.org... so it would be for username@mail.montanalinux.org rather than username@montanalinux.org.

So, after using Zimbra for a while and falling in love... I decided I wanted to use it for my entire domain so I created a new domain named montanalinux.org, changed the MX for the domain... and all was right with the world.

Then at some time after that... I decided to delete the mail.montanalinux.org Zimbra domain. I have/had reasons to do so but I'll not go into them because they aren't relevant to this discussion. Anyway... before deleting the Zimbra mail.montanalinux.org domain I edited all of the accounts that had been created on it and took out the "mail." part and that worked fine.

Some time later I noticed that after deleting the mail.montanalinux.org domain I had a few, non-critical side effects. I believe these are related to the situation I describe above but I'm not positive. Anyway... I didn't use the Document feature previously other than playing around with it a bit to see what it was like. It seems that after deleting the Zimbra mail.montanalinux.org, the Documents feature is broken and I get an "HTTP ERROR: 500" error... followed by a bunch of text that is only readable by Zimbra programmers.

I'm sure there is a simple fix to this issue but given that it probably isn't that common, finding out what the simple fix is may not be easy.

I've also noticed that my server stats information is mostly blank. I'm not sure if this is related or not... as I've had little blips of problems with the stats in the past but never looked into them.

Have I explained the problem and what I think caused it well enough to be helpful? If not, please let me know and I'll try my best to clarify as needed.

Here's the complete output of the error page if it could be helpful in resolving this issue:

HTTP ERROR: 500

error: no such account jzofU_rox@mail.montanalinux.org

RequestURI=/service/home/dowdle/Notebook/
    Caused by:

com.zimbra.cs.service.wiki.WikiServiceException: error: no such account jzofU_rox@mail.montanalinux.org
    Code:wiki.ERROR
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.wiki.WikiServiceException.ER ROR(WikiServiceException.java:49)
    at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.Wiki.getDefaultWikiAccount(Wiki .java:448)
    at com.zimbra.cs.session.WikiSession.getInstance(Wiki Session.java:38)
    at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.Wiki$WikiById.(Wiki.java:307)
    at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.Wiki.getInstance(Wiki.java:522)
    at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.Wiki.getInstance(Wiki.java:533)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.formatter.WikiFormatter.getT emplate(WikiFormatter.java:116)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.formatter.WikiFormatter.getT emplate(WikiFormatter.java:107)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.formatter.WikiFormatter.hand leWikiFolder(WikiFormatter.java:137)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.formatter.WikiFormatter.form atCallback(WikiFormatter.java:212)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.formatter.Formatter.format(F ormatter.java:92)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.UserServlet.doAuthGet(UserSe rvlet.java:450)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.UserServlet.doGet(UserServle t.java:357)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:707)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:174)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserA gentFilter.java:81)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter .java:132)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:360)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:712)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:405)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(Re writeHandler.java:176)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:506)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.he aderComplete(HttpConnection.java:830)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:514)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:381)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)