Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spark and IM

fernandoflorez is offline Project Contributor

Default Spark and IM

Hello guys,

I'm playing with zimbra 5 IM feature. I'm trying to connect to it using spark but i'm not having much luck with it. I always get "invalid username/password".

Any hints on what should i do?

Thanks,

brian is offline Project Contributor

This appears to be a bug with Spark and they way they assume the server name is the login point for the user account. So if you have user@example.com and your ZCS install is host.example.com, spark appears to try and authenticate user@host.example.com even if you specify user@example.com as the login.

The quick ZCS workaround would be to create a domain matching the full servername

Code:
    zmprov cd host.example.com
    You can confirm the problem by looking at /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log, you'll see an error similar to this

2007-12-21 10:12:02,161 WARN [AnonymousIoService-12] [] im - Closing session due to incorrect hostname in stream header. Host: host.example.com. Connection: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.NioSocketConnection@ 7eddca26
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

fernandoflorez is offline Project Contributor

Thanks! I'll see if other xmpp client works fine.

jadestorm is offline Active Member

Howdy! I just happened to pop by here while looking for info on the 4.5.10 to 5 upgrade path. =) As it turns out, I am the current Spark lead dev. hehehe Anyway, you should be able to get around this by going under advanced settings, unchecking "Automatically discover host and port", and setting the Host to host.example.org. Then back on the login screen, user to username and server to example.org. That ought to work. I would test it myself but frankly I'm a little scared to upgrade to 5 right now. I keep seeing notes about there not being a known good upgrade path. Is that accurate? Should I wait? =)
    The most addictive drug in the world is music.
    - The Lost Boyz

mmorse is offline Moderator

What platform? Read: ZCS 5.0 FOSS is Released!!!
    There were 2 outstanding things that got a few people:
    RHEL4 builds need a perl env variable change: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...html#post70442
    And there was some slight cert issues: [SOLVED] Expired Cert in 5.0GA can cause mail Delivery failure

Unless you we're talking 4.5.10 NE> 5.0RC2 NE then the answer is don't - just wait for the GA.
    Last edited by mmorse; 12-27-2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: i'll just make a new post

Your profile says 4.5.9_GA_1454.RHEL4_20071016192012 CentOS4 FOSS edition so that's what I assumed
    Always glad to have the Spark lead dev around! (and Openfire/Wildfire dev I might add!)
    Last edited by mmorse; 12-27-2007 at 10:39 PM. Reason: links & openfire

jadestorm is offline Active Member

*grin* I just updated my profile but yes, it's 4.5.10 FOSS. =)

Honestly, I'd love to have the network edition, but I only have 4 people on my server and want to keep it in house, so I'm not "qualified" for the network edition. =D Though, I'm really only after isync support and zimbra mobile. (which, btw, I downloaded the beta of and quite dig, very cool!) But the OSS version is working quite fine for us for far!

Annnyway. =) I was looking at this:
    ZCS 5.0 FOSS is Released!!!

and noticed:
    Zimbra is working on the upgrade procedure for a smooth transition from 4.5 to 5.0. If you attempt this migration, it may fail.

So that's what I was especially concerned about. It sounds like, so long as I set those perl variables properly, I should be golden! I suppose I can always prep for a rollback before trying.

Thanks!!! Wish me luck! =D (and thanks for the pointers!)
    The most addictive drug in the world is music.
    - The Lost Boyz

Yup, always have a backup
    Not using all the numbers to get to 5k like the announcement (not everything is public) it's approx 300 new features 2,500 fixed bugs and 450 open issues.
    When 5.0FOSS went GA it was mostly NE related features that were being worked on, and the open stuff in PMWeb & Bugzilla are marked for 5.0.1 or reassigned 5.0.2/new RFE's to 5.5 appropriately.
    I believe that part of the post was meant to go with the the section just above it:
    Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    At the time, upgrading from SUSE 9 ZCS 4.5.x to SUSE 10 ZCS 5.0, from Fedora Core 4 and 5 ZCS 4.5.x to Fedora 7 ZCS 5.0, and from Debian 3.1 ZCS 4.5.x to Debian 4.0 ZCS 5.0 are not supported.

Zimbra is working on the upgrade procedure for a smooth transition from 4.5 to 5.0. If you attempt this migration, it may fail.

You already are, but on a personal note I always prefer to go latest 4.5.x before I make the jump to 5.0

brian is offline Project Contributor

We tried all combinations and Spark appears to still be sending host.example.org as the domain with authenticating.

Quote Originally Posted by jadestorm View Post
    Howdy! I just happened to pop by here while looking for info on the 4.5.10 to 5 upgrade path. =) As it turns out, I am the current Spark lead dev. hehehe Anyway, you should be able to get around this by going under advanced settings, unchecking "Automatically discover host and port", and setting the Host to host.example.org. Then back on the login screen, user to username and server to example.org. That ought to work. I would test it myself but frankly I'm a little scared to upgrade to 5 right now. I keep seeing notes about there not being a known good upgrade path. Is that accurate? Should I wait? =)
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information