Please bear with me as I'm a programmer and not a "real" sysadmin.
I successfully installed Zimbra and have it working with an R&D domain.
1) DNS A record -> mail.domain.com
2) DNS MX record for domain.com -> mail.domain.com
3) I added e-mail accounts and they work. (Yeah!)
OK... here is where my question is. I want this Zimbra server to also host e-mail for a couple of other domains. I'm not sure how to interpret the documentation in a couple of places. Do I have this right?
1) DNS A record for mail.newdomain.com points to existing mail.domain.com.
2) DNS MX record for newdomain.com points to mail.newdomain.com (?)
3) Use Zimbra administrative console to add virtual domain "newdomain.com" with "mail.newdomain.com" listed as a virtual host for user login.
4) Add accounts for newdomain.com.
5) Users access e-mail via https://mail.newdomain.com.