Thread: Problem with multiple accounts / signatures

vtx
    vtx is offline Intermediate Member

Default Problem with multiple accounts / signatures

Hi,

Thanks you for this great product!

I have a problem with 5.0RC2. I adding some pop accounts to a local account. When I'm creating a new email I select the correct 'from' identity, however the reciever always recieves the email from the local account. Also the signature doesn't change when selecting the pop account?

Is this a known problem?

Thanks,

Barry

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have you set the option to 'send from any address' in the Admin UI? I don't understand what you mean by this
    Also the signature doesn't change when selecting the pop account?
    The pop account set-up is to pull mail from external accounts, what are you trying to do or what do you mean by the previous statement?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

vtx

Thanks for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Have you set the option to 'send from any address' in the Admin UI?
    Sorry, Im new to zimbra and can't find this option? Where should I look?

EDIT: Found the option! Going to test now.

EDIT2: Selected the option, but the problem remains.

I don't understand what you mean by this The pop account set-up is to pull mail from external accounts, what are you trying to do or what do you mean by the previous statement?
    I have added several external pop accounts and per account you can set the signature. When I select a 'from' adress I think it's supposed to automatically append the correct signature to the email?

Also, when I select a signature from the signature pulldown menu nothing happens. The signature in the new mail window doesn't change.

It looks like some javascript/ajax bug that prevents the correct working of identities / signature selection?
    Last edited by vtx; 12-13-2007 at 08:08 AM.

vtx

Ok, after setting the option and restarting zimbra it works!

Only thing not working is that the signature gets added when selecting another 'from' when emailing.

madhakish is offline Member

Default Multiple Accounts / Signatures

I have the same exact problem with Signatures...

Most of my users have to send using "other" accounts - ie "support@" or "Sales@" and for each of those outbound accounts, we have created signatures.

As of v5, no ones per account signatures are working (yes, they are all setup correctly).

So.. If I select new -> e-mail, and select an account, it's associated signature, while being displayed as the selected signature in the drop-down, is not actually placed into the message.

Unless replying (which automatically selects the correct account to reply as and thus inputs the correct signature), no ones custom per-account signatures load when composing a message, only during a reply does the proper signature for that account load.

I welcome any and all suggestions as this was working well in v4, and seems to be utterly broken in v5.

mmorse is offline Moderator

madhakish is offline Member

Question Odd

I fail to see what "Use standard Internet signature style" has to do with persona based signatures - but enabling it in the default and other COS's seems to have fixed this problem.

It seems odd to me that that option is by default turned off, giving the appearance that the signatures function is completely broken - except that it's not, the admin simply must enable a feature in the COS that does not seem to have anything to do with the signatures feature (based on description alone). I still have the signatures, and I can still use them, but only under very specific circumstances, until I enable a feature buried in the administrative functions..

Perhaps you could provide some meaning as to what that option is intended to do, and why having it disabled by default, thus breaking a commonly used feature, is better than allowing people to turn it off, but leave it on by default so the feature works correctly.

I liken it to having to lock your car doors in order to buckle your seatbelt.. neither is inclusive of the other, yet in order for the common function to work, you have to know about and set the uncommon one first.

Thread Information