Thread: Posting to Listserv

swu
    swu is offline Special Member

Red face Posting to Listserv

We switched over to Zimbra this summer and are using the web interface exclusively. In our pre-Zimbra days we posted to a couple of tech listservs using Outlook or T-Bird clients, no problem.

Now when we try and post to the same listservs, our messages do not get posted. The messages are delivered (mail.log looks normal) but rejected by the listserv server. If we fire up an Outlook client and shoot the same message, it gets posted.

On the back end of the listserv, they are using ListServ 14.5 from Lsoft.

Has anyone else run into this type of problem? Any ideas on what's happening on the Zimbra end? We'd like to be able to post without having to fire up Outlook.

Thx!

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

What error are you seeing from the list server? I post to many list servers without any problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

dwmtractor is offline Moderator

Are your outlook clients (1) using a different SMTP server from your Zimbra or (2) a different email address? I had one listserv that couldn't handle the fact that my same old .com email was now coming from my new .net smtp server. You may just have to change the registered email address on the listserv, or make sure that the domain of your SMTP and of the email address in question are the same. . .or both.

Thread Information