Thread: List of available command line commands?

curt@coas.oregonstate.edu is offline Starter Member

Default List of available command line commands?

Is there a document for which commands can be done on the command line?

Alternately, is it possible to set up shared calendars for users, without going through the GUI where the admin user can "view mail" of the other users?

I'm trying to set up a bunch of laptops as "resources" so that they can be checked out by my users. I can create the resources and stuff, and I can then go into the admin GUI and "view mail" for each resource and through there I can share the calendars for the laptops to my users. Thus, the users can view the calendars looking for a laptop that is not booked the day they would like to book it. The problem is that I would like to just do this for all my users at once and not make them "link to the shared calendar" for each laptop. Because they won't, and then when we get new laptops they won't see them...

We are also wanting to have each user share their calendar with rest of the users on the machine, and I would like to do that for everyone as well. Other wise each user will have to "link to the shared calendar" for everyone, and it's basically the same deal as above, they just won't do it, but they will complain that it's not done...

Thanks,
    Curt

mmorse is offline Moderator

Welcome to the forums,

Quote Originally Posted by curt@coas.oregonstate.edu View Post
    Is there a document for which commands can be done on the command line?
    Zimbra CLI Command List - Zimbra :: Wiki (then just search on the side for the one you want - sry their not all linked at present)

Alternately, is it possible to set up shared calendars for users, without going through the GUI where the admin user can "view mail" of the other users?
    Server side: Zmmailbox - ZimbraWiki

So first you need to set the permissions on the item you want to share:
    zmmilbox modifyFolderGrant(mfg)

You could do any of the following [account <name> |group <name> |domain <name> |all |public| guest <email> <password>] followed by the permissions r(viewer), rw, rwixd (manager), none.

examples:
    zmmailbox modifyFolderGrant /Calendar public
    zmmailbox -z -m resource@domain.com mfg /Calendar all r

Use that in combination with createMountpoint to put it into user's accounts automatically - something like:

zmmailbox -z -m user@domain.com createMountpoint --view appointment -F # folder theshare@domain.com folder

OR

zmmailbox -a admin -p password -m user@domain.com createMountpoint --view appointment /theshare@domain.com /sharedFolder #

OR

zmmailbox -a admin -p password -m mailboxowner@domain.com createMountpoint --view appointment "/Meeting Room Calendar" meetingroom@domain.com /Calendar

OR

zmmailbox
    mbox>adminAuthenticate -u https://server.domain.com:7071 admin@domain.com password
    selectMailbox user@domain.com mbox user@domain.com>createMountpoint --view appointment -F # folder theshare@domain.com folder

I'm trying to set up a bunch of laptops as "resources" so that they can be checked out by my users. I can create the resources and stuff, and I can then go into the admin GUI and "view mail" for each resource and through there I can share the calendars for the laptops to my users. Thus, the users can view the calendars looking for a laptop that is not booked the day they would like to book it. The problem is that I would like to just do this for all my users at once and not make them "link to the shared calendar" for each laptop. Because they won't, and then when we get new laptops they won't see them...

We are also wanting to have each user share their calendar with rest of the users on the machine, and I would like to do that for everyone as well. Other wise each user will have to "link to the shared calendar" for everyone, and it's basically the same deal as above, they just won't do it, but they will complain that it's not done...
    This is what you really want:
    Bug 7473 - Share management and discovery
    Don't forget to vote!
    Last edited by mmorse; 11-09-2007 at 08:51 AM.

Thread Information