Thread: [SOLVED] zimbraMailTrashLifetime=0

rkerr is offline Active Member

Default [SOLVED] zimbraMailTrashLifetime=0

If I set zimbraMailTrashLifetime to zero, does it disable trash purging for that user? Or does it purge the trash every day?

mmorse is offline Moderator

Setting it to 0 disables automatic purging; a value of 1 would delete the trash every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorse
    Spam message lifetime -Number of days a message can remain in the Junk folder before it is automatically purged. The default is 30 days.
    Trashed message lifetime - Number of days a message remains in the Trash folder before it is automatically purged. The default is 30 days.
    Email message lifetime - Number of days a message can remain in any folder before it is automatically purged. The default is 0; email messages are not deleted.
    Last edited by mmorse; 10-30-2007 at 12:56 PM.

rkerr is offline Active Member

Thanks Mike.

I read that post, and it is unclear to me. Perhaps I'm too much of a programmer. That post has one line about the trash, one line about spam, and another for the lifetime message.

Only the line about the lifetime refers to zero disabling it. If I was reading that as a programming spec, 0 would be undefined for me according to the logic presented. Since this is a live system, I don't want to dump anyone mail.

Thanks again.

mmorse is offline Moderator

Well it's sometimes easier to use 0 for 'don't purge' rather than have a whole other attribute for enable/disable
    -marking this thread as [solved]

Thread Information