Thread: Zimbra Server Cleanup

soxfan is offline Moderator

Default Zimbra Server Cleanup

Hopefully this hasn't already been covered in the forums or Wiki. I did some searching around, but found very little information. I'd like to do some cleanup on my Zimbra server to tidy things up a bit. There are two specific areas I am looking at:

A) Old versions of packages used by Zimbra - In the /opt/zimbra directory I have 4 amavisd-new directories, 7 clamav directories, 5 jdk directories, plus a couple of other packages that have two or three versions. Is it OK to simply remove the directories for the old versions that aren't currently in use?

B) Huge log files - I have two log files that are currently 2+ GB in size. The first is /opt/zimbra/log/zmmtacofig.log and the second is /opt/zimbra/db/data/<mydomain.com>.err. I did find some information in the forums about the first file, related to a log level that was set too high in one of the previous versions of Zimbra. That post seemed to indicate that it was OK to simply remove this file and it would be recreated; but I want to verify this. I couldn't find any information specific to the second file.

If there are any other areas of the system that I should look to cleanup I'd like to know about those at well, but for now I am focusing on these two areas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    TIA,
    John

Dirk is offline Moderator

Yes, you can delete old versions of the various apps. Infact, I asked this question a while ago and JHolder was very helpful, here's the link: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...old-files.html

That should help you out. The log files growing large is an issue fixed in the next release, but you can stop zimbra, remove them and restart if you wish.

soxfan is offline Moderator

Thanks; guess I didn't quite use the right search terms.

My only follow up is on the response to your inquiry about amavisd-new, jdk, and jetty
    Better leave those. Not sure why, just good idea to.
    Since jholder said it I tend to go with it, but I would like to know the reasoning behind this if possible.

Thread Information