Thread: posixAccount and resources

Gabriel is offline Starter Member

Default posixAccount and resources

I use the zimbra_posixaccount Admin Extension 5.x and the zimbra_samba Admin Extension 5.0 on zimbra 5.0RC1. I had no problem with the installation. I can create accounts with posix and samba attributes.

But, if I want to create a resource I get an error message:

invalid request: createAccount invalid schema change: [LDAP: error code 65 - object class 'posixAccount' requires attribute 'uidNumber']

I know, these attributes are MUST's in the nis.schema. Seems for me that the extensions handle the creation of posix attributes only for normal user accounts and not for resources.

Is there a way to create a resource by hand and not over the administration web-interface or is there another solution for this problem?

bwlang is offline Starter Member

Default Im seeing the same error, so I don't think it's a configuration error.

Invalid request Message: invalid request: createAccount invalid schema change: [LDAP: error code 65 - object class 'posixAccount' requires attribute 'uidNumber'] Error code: service.INVALID_REQUEST Method: ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke Details:soap:Sender

Gabriel is offline Starter Member

Default Found a solution

I found a solution under this thread

Zimba Samba ext - resource create error

Hopefully someone will correct the extensions in the future.

Thread Information