Thread: M3-299 observations

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Default M3-299 observations

This was an upgrade of M3-270 to M3-299 and it went very smoothly. There were, however, a few questions arising from it.

1. The upgrade recognised that some port conflicts occurred (I run another instance of Apache & MySQL) but didn''t make any changes to it's config. Do you plan to allow the option to change the conflicting ports in later releases?

2. The statistics are all blank for the individual server but OK for the global statistics, this also didn't work in m3-270 either. There seem to be gifs genereted for the server statistics but still no gifs for disk as per this earlier thread

3. The upgrade disables the antivirus and anti-spam settings and the mail view is put back to the default of 'conversation' instead of my setting of 'message'. Will these options be honoured in future releases?

4. The admin login bug with Firefox 1.5 is fixed, but I'm sure you know that already.

Otherwise it was an exceptionally easy upgrade, well done everyone.
    Last edited by phoenix; 12-15-2005 at 01:40 PM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

marcmac is offline Expert Member

Default upgrade issues

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    This was an upgrade of M3-270 to M3-299 and it went very smoothly. There were, however, a few questions arising from it.

1. The upgrade recognised that some port conflicts occurred (I run another instance of Apache & MySQL) but didn''t make any changes to it's config. Do you plan to allow the option to change the conflicting ports in later releases?
    We have a bug open on the web port issue (#4958) and sql is already running on a non-standard port (7306 and 7307).

2. The statistics are all blank for the individual server but OK for the global statistics, this also didn't work in m3-270 either. There seem to be gifs genereted for the server statistics but still no gifs for disk as per this earlier thread
    I'll check that out.

3. The upgrade disables the antivirus and anti-spam settings and the mail view is put back to the default of 'conversation' instead of my setting of 'message'. Will these options be honoured in future releases?
    Which AV/AS settings are overridden? I just fixed a bug that was causing the default COS to be overwritten on an upgrade, but this sounds different.

4. The admin login bug with Firefox 1.5 is fixed, but I'm sure you know that already.

Otherwise it was an exceptionally easy upgrade, well done everyone.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Sorry, that should have been the antivirus and antispam options get unchecked on the Global Settings tabs for those features.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information