Thread: Zimbra 5.0 and "domain administrator" features

Klug is offline Moderator

Default Zimbra 5.0 and "domain administrator" features

Hello all.

I have not setup a Franklin beta yet and I'm asked a couple questions I can not answer on my own...

Are there any changes in the features of the "domain administrator" in Franklin ? Is he able to fo more things than in 4.5.x ?

One example is the ability to put a user in "vacation mode". The user can do it, the global admin can, but in 4.5.x the "domain admin" can not...

Merci.

mmorse is offline Moderator

There may be, but remember delegated admin is a NE thing-so it might not even be in the FOSS beta-it would be easy to keep a 'network' build internally. In fact they probably have to, with all the other NE features to account for.

I don't see a bunch of enhancement domainAdmin RFE's in PMWeb for the initial 5.0, just some minor technical fixes, but there's tons of ideas for the future in bugzilla like:
    Bug 19075 - Delegated administrator should be able to push zimlets to newly created accounts
    Bug 19074 - Delegated administrar able to create account and assign pre-defined COS
    Bug 5253 - Domain Admin should be able create sub-domains of the domain of which he is owner
    Bug 13183 - view mail, domain mail queue, and virus update info for domain admins
    Bug 12700 - Delegated admin privilege to access user archives
    Bug 5951 - more granularity over admin of distribution lists
    Last edited by mmorse; 09-14-2007 at 05:56 AM.

Klug is offline Moderator

Thanks Mike.

I did not found anything "interesting" in the PM website (and knew the RFE already).

And yes, you're right, it's a "NE-only feature" anyway...

Thread Information