Thread: zimbra opensource - active directory -> (account error) zombie account

ojak is offline New Member

Unhappy zimbra opensource - active directory -> (account error) zombie account

hi all..

first of all.. please help me on this.. its make me crazy..

i've installed a mail server using zimbra opensource edition...

the authentication method is integrated with active directory on windows 2003 R2 server...

i've create the user accounts on zimbra using zmprov command (with script help to add houndreds of users), FYI i implement this on my small campus to create students email account based on their students id.

now the problem is...

when some user change their password (from default password) on the windows 2003 server (AD).. they can't login anymore to the zimbra account.
    the worst.. when try to add the account on zimbra using admin CP. it says that the account already exist

BUT.. when i try to search the account.. its not exist.. thats way i called it zombie account.. i've try to look directly to the mysql database but i can't find the account information...

but i'm no sure if the account error because of the password was changed or other problem...

please anybody help me on this.. plleeaasseeee......

FYI
    i'm using zimbra OS 4.5.6
    the error message
    A distribution list, an alias, a resource or an account with the specified name already exists. Please choose another name.
    thankyou.

Default help

just please, anyone give any sollution???

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Code:
    A distribution list, an alias, a resource or an account with the specified name already exists. Please choose another name.
    The obvious question after seeing this error message is, have you looked at all the distribution lists, aliases and account names to see if it really does exist? What commands have you used to list all those details?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

i searched the account using admin control panel. also i try to list all the account using zmprov gaa and zmprov ga to get information of the certain account (lost account).. and the search result give nothing (no account)

but when i try to add the account using zmprov ca command.. it gives error message that the current account already exist..

i've found that some account "lost" after user change their password on the active directory using windows machine.. but i don't have any idea why is that happened..

hope you can give me any sollution.. or if there is (maybe) no any sollution, maybe this is a bug or somethin',, i can think another alternative to fix this problem..

thanx..

but i love zimbra anyway..

Thread Information