Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname

  1. #1
    jhoelz is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    8

    Default 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname

    I need some help with this. While 95% or more of the mail rejected by this is spam, the other 5% is from domains we want to receive that are just not configured properly.

    Is there a way to add domains to a list so they are not checked?

    Global Settings as per attached image.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    mmorse's Avatar
    mmorse is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,242
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Uncheck reject_unkonwn_client (else the senders have to have valid A & MX records).

    I leave reject_unknown_client & reject_unknown_hostname off.
    Once your sure that's the problem, try reject_unknown_sender_domain instead.

  3. #3
    randall is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Or another way to do it, since reject_unknown_client helps alot in countering spam, is to use the
    check_client_access
    in
    postfix_recipient_restrictions.cf
    and define those IP or domains or e-mail address that you would want to be accepted by your e-mail server.

    But this should be place above those checking that you thick mark in your image attachment. Or before reject_unknown_client.

    Hope this helps.

  4. #4
    jackietomson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    hi randall, please how do you go about this any example. below is what i have in my postfix_recipient_restrictions.cf file

    reject_non_fqdn_recipient
    permit_sasl_authenticated
    permit_mynetworks
    reject_unauth_destination
    reject_unlisted_recipient
    %%contains VAR:zimbraMtaRestriction reject_invalid_hostname%%
    %%contains VAR:zimbraMtaRestriction reject_non_fqdn_hostname%%
    %%contains VAR:zimbraMtaRestriction reject_non_fqdn_sender%%
    %%contains VAR:zimbraMtaRestriction reject_unknown_client%%
    %%contains VAR:zimbraMtaRestriction reject_unknown_hostname%%
    %%contains VAR:zimbraMtaRestriction reject_unknown_sender_domain%%
    %%explode reject_rbl_client VAR:zimbraMtaRestrictionRBLs%%
    %%contains VAR:zimbraMtaRestriction check_policy_service unixrivate/policy%%
    permit

    so assuming I want to allow mydomain.com or ip address 1.2.3.4 what's the syntax to use

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname
    By ljramos in forum Installation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 10:57 AM
  2. Zimbra Installation Problems (RHEL AS v4)
    By stillwell in forum Installation
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 07:58 PM
  3. Installation Cancelled - Zimbra-spell !
    By Ledg in forum Installation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 02:54 AM
  4. Installation Failed
    By freit5 in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 11:38 PM
  5. Unknown Host ?
    By msentissi in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 03:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •