Thread: Network service error after clicking send from web client

mrupright is offline Member

Default Network service error after clicking send from web client

Hi All,

I am running Open Source (zcs-4.5.6_GA_1044zcs-4.5.6_GA_1044)

After composing a message in the webclient and clicking send...I recieve the following error after a moment or two:

"A network service error has occured"

msg - system failure: MessagingException
    code - service.FAILURE
    method - ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    detail - soap:Receiver

When looking at the admin web interface, the antivirus service has stopped. I tried disabling the service and attempted to send the message again with the same results.

I even went as far as to upgrade to zcs-4.5.6_GA_1044 again...since that uninstalls and reinstalls everything to no avail.

Thanks for any and all help!
    Last edited by mrupright; 08-08-2007 at 05:33 PM.

robertsonphoto is offline Junior Member

I think this can be caused by any number of possibilities. I have been seeing this error and found I was looking in the wrong place for the log file...

/opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

It showed me exactly what was wrong - my webmail.domain.net was wrong, I had changed it from the default to what is publically visible.

fawzy.ibrahim is offline Starter Member

I'm facing the same issue on MAC OS X with zcs-5.0.11_GA_2695.MACOSXx86_10.5.20081117050303. When I checked the /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log; I found the following error messages:-

postfix/postqueue[19137]: fatal: Queue report unavailable - mail system is down
    postfix/postqueue[19149]: fatal: Queue report unavailable - mail system is down
    postfix/smtpd[19151]: fatal: open database /etc/aliases.db: Invalid argument
    postfix/master[1233]: warning: process /opt/zimbra/postfix/libexec/smtpd pid 19151 exit status 1
    postfix/master[1233]: warning: /opt/zimbra/postfix/libexec/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

It's not wise to attach your post to a thread that's almost two years old, it's more than likely to get missed.

Quote Originally Posted by fawzy.ibrahim View Post
    I'm facing the same issue on MAC OS X with zcs-5.0.11_GA_2695.MACOSXx86_10.5.20081117050303. When I checked the /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log; I found the following error messages:-

postfix/postqueue[19137]: fatal: Queue report unavailable - mail system is down
    postfix/postqueue[19149]: fatal: Queue report unavailable - mail system is down
    postfix/smtpd[19151]: fatal: open database /etc/aliases.db: Invalid argument
    postfix/master[1233]: warning: process /opt/zimbra/postfix/libexec/smtpd pid 19151 exit status 1
    postfix/master[1233]: warning: /opt/zimbra/postfix/libexec/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
    You haven't said much about this install, whether it's a new install an upgrade nor even which services are running. What other errors do you find in the log files? Have you searched the forums as this error is a fairly common topic.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information