Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Error -2147418094

Vladimir is offline Advanced Member

I'm trying my darnest to get the debugger to do something usefull, but Office 2007 no longer includes it so I had to install a copy of 2003 and under Vista I seem to be having issues getting it to read anything from IE. Anyone have any hints?

Ok, so now I have the debugger running. If you guys want to give me a quick hint about what to look for to give you usefull info, that would be great. I managed to get the error while the debugger was running, but there is a whole lot of info and I'm not sure where to start.

soxfan is offline Moderator

I'd like some direction on this as well. I'm trying to troubleshoot this problem, but I have to say that I'm not much of a programmer and I've never used Microsoft Script Editor before, so maybe that's most of my problem. I've tried to follow the steps in KevinH's post where he refers to Erik's weblog. Here's where I stand:
    1. I've got MSE installed and running.
    2. I've connected to the running iexplore.exe process.
    3. Within MSE I've got windows open for Running Documents, Watch, Call Stack, Autos, Project Explorer, and Properties.
    4. I've been able to cause the error to occur in Zimbra but when I come back to the MSE screen the only window that shows anything is the Running Documents window, and I have no idea what, if anything, I would need to look for there.

Just a quick note. I know it's probably not going to mean anything, but I've mostly seen the error after I've replied to a message and then I delete the message I just replied to.

I opened a support ticket for this and the response I got was to use "?gzip=false&mode=mjsf" as URL args during the debug process. However I haven't got to try it as today was the day my place of employment has chosen to re-carpet my office and I'm working from my macbook . No debugging for me until tomorrow when I get to boot my workstation back up, but maybe this will help you.

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Thanks for trying to help. As Phoenix mentioned we do run IE and our QA team is also trying to find a reproduce case. When we do find a case we can reproduce we fix it. In fact we've fixed several in the 4.5.5 and 4.5.6 releases. It's just some place(s) where this is still a problem. It's unfortunate since IE gives such generic errors. If we had a file/linenumber it's an easy fix most of the time. Running with ?mode=mjsf&gzip=false helps since it will let you report exact filename and the line number if you can catch this in the debugger. We've had a couple reports that the debugger doesn't stop on the error, so in 4.5.7 we plan to re-throw exceptions when in debug mode to try to force an error condition.

Either way if you DO get this in a debugger a screen shot may help. any line numbers of filenames that the debugger reports will help.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

soxfan is offline Moderator

Sorry for being dense, but I'm still not getting it. I'm running the web client with "?gzip=false&mode=mjsf" added to the address. I've got MSE running and attached to the iexplore.exe process. When I got the error message in the web client I went back to look at the MSE window, but I don't see anything referring to line numbers. As far as the screen shot, in the MSE window the only sub-window that is showing anything is the "Running Documents" window, and that has more information than will fit on the screen.

I have the same behaviour. I wonderif you guys could give us some hints about possible breakpoints we could add in MSE to get it to stop at the right spot, assuming thats even possible in this case.

While trying to get some data out of the debugger, the -2147418094 were getting to numerous and usually reloading the client clears them up for a while. I tried it again this time and while reloading the debugger stopped with an unknown exception. I don't know if these are related but I figured I'd include the screen shot from the debugger.
    Attached Images Attached Images

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Those reload errors are normal. It's a timing issue with unload of the window and the debugger not detecting it.

It may be that everyone needs to wait for 4.5.7 for better debugging where we plan to rethrow any exceptions we catch in debug mode.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

When is 4.5.7 supposed to be out?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information