Thread: Corrupted Mailbox

kollross is offline Senior Member

Default Corrupted Mailbox

Using the Admin Console I selected an account and clicked on the view webmail button. As normal a new window popped open and after the inital zimbra loading screen finished and error popped up that said "No such conversation exists"

Here is the output
    Any ideas??

msg - no such conversation: -1
    com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException$NoSuchI temException: no such conversation: -1
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException.NO_SUCH _CONV(MailServiceException.java:120)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.noSuchItem(MailItem .java:752)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbMailItem.getById(DbMailItem.jav a:1121)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.getById(MailItem.ja va:703)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getItemById(Mailbox. java:1692)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getItemById(Mailbox. java:1661)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getConversationById( Mailbox.java:2157)
    at com.zimbra.cs.index.ConversationHit.getConversatio n(ConversationHit.java:191)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.Search.addConversationH it(Search.java:310)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.Search.putHits(Search.j ava:267)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.Search.handle(Search.ja va:117)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:249)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:163)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:226)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:148)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:526)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:825)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11Conn ectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.jav a:738)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:526)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

code - mail.NO_SUCH_CONV
    method - ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    detail - soap:Sender

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Hi Matt, Is this something you can reproduce everytime? Does it also happen if you just login directly to the user's inbox?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

kollross is offline Senior Member

Hey Kevin.

It appeared to be only via the administration console, and i tried it on a few users and it was hit and miss, (NOTE i also noticed if you do not implicitly logout of the session no matter who's email it will cache the login session so I dont believe i was getting an acurate view of who this was effecting.)

In any event, with no intervention from myself it appears to have fixed itself. I can now log in via administrative console and via zimbra webmail with out any problems. If problems persist i'll let you know

tim brennan is offline Zimbra Employee

This sounds like the same issue as Bug 4033 and Bug 4909. In those cases, a message in the message cache has an invalid conversation ID for some reason -- even though the on-disk version of the message is fine.

We think this is some kind of a race condition either with IMAP or with the MAPI connector (Network Edition only) --- can you tell me if the affected account was using either of these? How about POP3?

Since the conversation ID is only corrupted in the in-memory cache, you can fix the account by forcing the cache to reload: the message cache is a max of 500 messages (per account) and so paging through other folders will do it...alternatively, as a last resort bouncing your server should also fix the problem.

Thread Information