Thread: zimbraAdmin never stops "Loading"

madhakish is offline Member

Cool zimbraAdmin never stops "Loading"

Hi all,

After scouring my system for logs with any type of error whatsoever related to logging into the Admin portal I am at a loss.

Ever since I reset my ldap and zimbra passwords per the howto I cannot login to my admin portal.

I've made sure I reset them properly by killing off all stray processes after a 'zmcontrol stop' AND a zmlocalconfig -s shows that they are indeed what they should be (not to mention identical to what they were - I just didn't know it at the time) yet I still cannot get in.

If I could even find an error to post I would, but I can't. Tomcat stacktraces don't seem to report anything, nor does the catalina.log or zimbra.log or any of the other logs I've searched.

This box is CentOS5 with ZCS 4.5.5 (trial network edition), all updates, no selinux, no iptables firewalls, and the /opt/zimbra folder is the copy from the older hardware this install resided on until about an hour ago. (Old, slow, ramless CentOS 4.5 box)

Everything else works fine (and the transition was dead simple..), mail is being sent and delivered, scanned for virii and spam etc etc etc and the web portal works just fine as well so I really am stumped as to what caused this issue other than resetting my ldap and zimbra passwords.

If you need any info at all please let me know.

kirme3 is offline Trained Alumni

Default server cache?

I had an issue like this after an upgrade, I had to clear the server cache:

su - zimbra
    tomcat stop
    find /opt/zimbra/tomcat/work -type f -exec rm {}\;
    tomcat start

That's the command for OS X, not sure about other OS's.

Default no such luck

I cleared out all files in /opt/zimbra/tomcat/work..

No dice. I do have my 1 free support incident as a trial, maybe I'll give that a shot.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have you also disabled SElinux and iptables on the new box? Did you clear out the cookies and the cache in your browser? Are there any pop-up/add-on/jave/script blockers in you browser? Disable them if there are or allow Java to execute.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Unhappy No browser problems

This is definitely not a browser problem, nor SELinux since it started on a CentOS4.5 box that had no SELinux install, and only as of yesterday afternoon was placed onto this new CentOS5 box which I specifically removed SELinux and IPTables from because of a serious lack of memory and horsepower to handle our mail volume..

This all started after a "zmldappasswd --root newpass ; zmldappasswd newpass".

I have tried to gain access from multiple browsers, multiple machines, machines which I'd never attempted to connect with before, I've cleared my cookies/cache/temp/etc etc etc and java is most definitely on. I can login to the regular webmail interface with every user just fine but the Admin Console just sits at "Loading" and never progresses past that point.

I did clear out the tomcat work dir and restart tomcat but had no luck.

Thumbs up Upgrade fix

Upgrading to 4.5.6 seems to have reset whatever was causing my issue - I now have access to the zimbraAdmin console.

For future reference, after a quick chat with support which informed me about the debug modifier for the URL, I was able to determine one of my extensions lost it's ability to modify or create LDAP entries and would thus hang.

After disabling my posixaccount, samba, and ldap zimlets and upgrading the offending settings were set back to normal and all is well in the world..

jlhs5 is offline New Member

Default i need guide of solution

i have the same problem. I need the solve guide. please....help me

dljordaneku is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by jlhs5 View Post
    i have the same problem. I need the solve guide. please....help me
    What browser are you using to access the admin page? It appears with version 4.x and FF3 there is an issue. There is a discussion about it over on this thread.

dj

jlhs5 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dljordaneku View Post
    What browser are you using to access the admin page? It appears with version 4.x and FF3 there is an issue. There is a discussion about it over on this thread.

dj
    FF3, IE7 and Zimbra 5.0.6 upgraded from 4.5.6

Default Zimbra Support Fixed My Box

Your having a different issue causing the loading hang most likely. I also had this issue after upgrading from 4.5.6 to 5.0.6 and ended up giving the zimbra support team ssh access to the box.

I could request a resolution process they followed and post their reply here for anyone else having this issue.

For me it didn't seem to be specific to the upgrade, but rather following the howto for changing the hostname of the box. I also lost about 8 months worth of statistics during this process.

Thread Information