Technical Support Engineer - Collaboration
Customer Care and SupportLondon, UK
Requisition ID: 2013041
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic candidate to join
our support team as Technical Support Engineer. This role will report to
the Technical Support Manager. Responsibilities will include:
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily via telephone and e-mail
- Work evening shift (to 7pm GMT) and one weekend day
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Perform 24x7 on-call responsibilities during scheduled periods
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Communicate with peers and other colleagues via e-mail, chat, telephone, and in person
- Document all technical inquiries, and develop and review content for knowledge base articles
- Assist with alpha and beta testing of internal products
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Positive, customer-focused, service-oriented personality
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical degree or equivalent work experience
Advantageous Skills and Experience
- Customer service
- Customer management, case tracking, and bug tracking systems
- Linux/unix command line utilities
- Linux/unix server installation, configuration, and administration
- TCP/IP networking and internet communication protocols such as SMTP, IMAP, POP3, HTTP, DNS, LDAP
- Programming languages such as perl, java, python
- Unix kernel diagnostics
- Network hardware such as firewalls, load balancers, SANs
Our Core Values
- Customers come first. Period.
- Honesty. Always.
- Accountability for all we say and do.
Zimbra powers collaboration for the way you work. Zimbra connects people and information with unified collaboration software that includes email, calendaring, file sharing, activity streams, social communities and more. With technology designed for social, mobile and the cloud, Zimbra gives individuals the flexibility to work from virtually anywhere, through nearly every computer, tablet and mobile device.
Zimbra is trusted by more than 5,000 companies, service providers and government agencies including global brands such as NTT Communications, Comcast, Dell, Investec, Rackspace, Red Hat, Mozilla, VMware, H&R Block and Vodafone. With its vibrant open source community and worldwide partner network, Zimbra is the third largest collaboration provider in the world. Zimbra is privately held with corporate headquarters in Frisco, Texas and offices in San Mateo, California; London; Tokyo; Singapore and Pune, India. For more information, visit Zimbra.com or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job requisition number in the subject line of your email.