Location: San Mateo, CA
Job Requisition: 2013010
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic candidate to join our Product Development team as Senior QA Engineer. This role will report to the Director, QA. Responsibilities will include:
- Testing server and backend functionality
- Developing SME level of knowledge of the technology/product areas
- Working with Lead QA and Development counterparts to understand the feature specs, develop & review feature test design specs
- Working closely with Development and Product Management to ensure timely and quality product releases
- Designing and implementing various types of tests, such as SOAP API, CLI tests, stress, limits, resource Leaks, error injection and recovery, to validate various aspects of the product. Verify software products work to specification
- Designing and implementing new automation test cases with required tools and scripts (CLI Automation using Ruby)
- Design, set up, integration, and execution of (Manual and Automated) test cases/procedures within a broad scope of technology/product areas
- Executing test cases, ability to analyze test results, filing bug reports, tracking test case results per standard, and resolving issues by working with QA peers and Development stakeholders
- Compiling and reporting test results and providing accurate assessment of the feature quality to QA lead/manager to contribute to decision of shipment
- Continually improving testing methodology, testing procedures, and test environment
- Accountable for solving problems in addition to execution
- Proficient at utilizing existing QA tools and processes, and provides input to drive continual improvements
- Developing understanding of customer use cases
- Continually developing knowledge of the relevant technology, products, tools and quality processes
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience developing Java/OOP
- 4+ years of experience developing Ruby, Perl, or shell
- 4+ years of experience in a Linux environment
- 2+ years of working in an automated testing environment
- Experience working with Network Proxies, LMTP/SMTP
- Experience working with Kerberos/SSL/TLS authentication, LDAP, AD
- Experience working with Virtualization/SaaS/PaaS
- Experience working with SOAP/JSON/XML
- Experience working with Java/JUnit, STAF/STAX
Our Core Values
- Customers come first. Period.
- Honesty. Always.
- Accountability for all we say and do.
Zimbra powers collaboration for the way you work. Zimbra connects people and information with unified collaboration software that includes email, calendaring, file sharing, activity streams, social communities and more. With technology designed for social, mobile and the cloud, Zimbra gives individuals the flexibility to work from virtually anywhere, through nearly every computer, tablet and mobile device.
Zimbra is trusted by more than 5,000 companies, service providers and government agencies including global brands such as NTT Communications, Comcast, Dell, Investec, Rackspace, Red Hat, Mozilla, VMware, H&R Block and Vodafone. With its vibrant open source community and worldwide partner network, Zimbra is the third largest collaboration provider in the world. Zimbra is privately held with corporate headquarters in Frisco, Texas and offices in San Mateo, California; London; Tokyo; Singapore and Pune, India. For more information, visit Zimbra.com or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job requisition number in the subject line of your email.