We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic candidate to join
our Information Technology team as Linux System Administrator. This role
will report to the Senior Director, IT.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining an extensive and diverse Linux server environment
- Performance tuning to include network interfaces, kernel optimization and hardening services
- MySQL management to include mirroring, backup, maintenance jobs, installation and upgrades
- Apache HTTP
- VMware ESX design, implement and maintain
- SAN design, implement and maintain
- Perform off-hour change control
- Regular log review, performance monitoring and capacity planning
- Gathered vendor bids on equipment, supplies and resources as needed
- Manage support queue for local, remote and international employees
- Provide escalation support for desktop, laptop, workstation and printer hardware/software
- Development and execution of IT policy and procedures
- Participate in on-call 24/7 rotation
- 4 + years of Linux Administration
- 2+ years of VMware ESX
- 2+ years SAN Management
- Strong ability to communicate and work with customers and team members
- Strong ability troubleshooting systems, application and service provider issues with attention to detail
- Basic network troubleshooting experience with layer 3 â€" 7 switch, router, firewall
Advantageous Skills and Experience
- Experience with Zimbra Email Collaboration Server a Plus
- Experience with Puppet IT Automation Software a Plus
Our Core Values
- Customers come first. Period.
- Honesty. Always.
- Accountability for all we say and do.
Zimbra powers collaboration for the way you work. Zimbra connects people and information with unified collaboration software that includes email, calendaring, file sharing, activity streams, social communities and more. With technology designed for social, mobile and the cloud, Zimbra gives individuals the flexibility to work from virtually anywhere, through nearly every computer, tablet and mobile device.
Zimbra is trusted by more than 5,000 companies, service providers and government agencies including global brands such as NTT Communications, Comcast, Dell, Investec, Rackspace, Red Hat, Mozilla, VMware, H&R Block and Vodafone. With its vibrant open source community and worldwide partner network, Zimbra is the third largest collaboration provider in the world. Zimbra is privately held with corporate headquarters in Frisco, Texas and offices in San Mateo, California; London; Tokyo; Singapore and Pune, India. For more information, visit Zimbra.com or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job requisition number in the subject line of your email.