Lead Engineer (SaaS)
Product DevelopmentSan Mateo, CA
Requisition ID: 2013022
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic candidate to join
our Product Development team as Lead Engineer. The ideal candidate will
be a highly motivated SaaS module leader for building
Software-as-a-service capabilities across the Zimbra Collaboration
Server (ZCS) and in Zimbra Web Clients. The ideal candidate would also
have a strong background in J2EE server architecture/design, SOA
demonstrated experience. This role will report to the Vice President,
R&D. Responsibilities will include:
- Being the primary technical owner of identifying, designing and developing SaaS capabilities
- Leading the design, implementation, and testing of features related
SaaS capabilities in both server and client components with web UX
- Producing architectural/design documentation and lead engineering discussions
- Driving innovation and exploration of new SaaS technologies
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Strong background in Java web application development
- Proven experience as a technical leader
- BS in Computer Science or similar discipline; MS preferred
- Detailed knowledge of J2EE backend infrastructure and N-tier architecture
- Prior experience in building Web UX components and products
- Prior experience designing and implementing large scale server systems
- Good knowledge of HTTP, SOA and other web protocols
- Expertise in the following technologies is a plus
- Mail/collaboration technologies (IMAP, MIME, POP, iCal, CALDAV, etc)
- Client-Server protocols
- Web Server technologies
Our Core Values
- Customers come first. Period.
- Honesty. Always.
- Accountability for all we say and do.
Zimbra powers collaboration for the way you work. Zimbra connects people and information with unified collaboration software that includes email, calendaring, file sharing, activity streams, social communities and more. With technology designed for social, mobile and the cloud, Zimbra gives individuals the flexibility to work from virtually anywhere, through nearly every computer, tablet and mobile device.
Zimbra is trusted by more than 5,000 companies, service providers and government agencies including global brands such as NTT Communications, Comcast, Dell, Investec, Rackspace, Red Hat, Mozilla, VMware, H&R Block and Vodafone. With its vibrant open source community and worldwide partner network, Zimbra is the third largest collaboration provider in the world. Zimbra is privately held with corporate headquarters in Frisco, Texas and offices in San Mateo, California; London; Tokyo; Singapore and Pune, India. For more information, visit Zimbra.com or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job requisition number in the subject line of your email.