Content Marketing Manager
Marketing and ChannelsFrisco, TX; San Mateo, CA; Remote
Requisition ID: 2013065
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic candidate to join
our Marketing team as Content Marketing Manager. This role will report
to the Vice President of Marketing and be responsible for developing and
executing content marketing programs that tell the Zimbra brand story.
Key responsibilities include rolling out a content marketing framework,
maintaining and refining personas, leading a virtual editorial team,
creating and maintaining an editorial calendar, and creating content
that delivers a compelling story.
This role covers all aspects of creating and curating content and spans
all content forms including customer videos, thought leadership
viewpoints, infographics, blog posts, contributed articles, whitepapers,
corporate collateral, ebooks, website copy, etc. This role will
collaborate across marketing to ensure efforts are integrated with
demand generation, social media marketing, public relations, corporate
communications and other downstream marketing efforts. This role is
responsible for tracking and analyzing content metrics and tying budget,
plans and programs to the achievement of agreed upon objectives (lead
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as a storyteller - develop and write compelling, dynamic content
that inspires, drives thought-leadership, and moves business into
- Develop content strategies, plans, stories and deliverables to meet
company awareness goals for brand affiliation and leadership in key
- Execute compelling, high-impact content marketing approaches that
define content needs by segments/personas and works with cross
functional teams to create, deliver and measure said content
- Act as a subject matter expert and lead content delivery projects in developing, maintaining, and enforcing content standards
- Work closely with demand generation, social media marketing, public
relations, corporate communications and other marketing teams to ensure
proper alignment across paid, earned, shared and owned media
- Develop a metrics-based approach to measure effectiveness of a
robust, multi-channel content marketing program that is tied to business
objectives; incorporate web metrics, buyer insights and feedback,
content inventories, gap analyses and competitive audits
- Manage 3rd party publishers, creative vendors and writers as appropriate in development of content and assets
- Develop and cross-functionally manage a coordinated editorial calendar of themes, content and messages
- Create and maintain editorial style guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism or related major
- 5+ direct experience in high tech, B2B industry
- 5+ years of marketing, content and writing experience, preferably in the high-technology industry
- Outstanding writing, messaging, copywriting and storytelling skills a must
- Proven experience in content marketing, journalism and writing
- Experience in audience segmentation and persona development to aid in content mapping
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and consistency including adherence to brand standards
- Understanding of how to influence an audience using tone, messaging and delivery
- Deep experience in development of marketing plans tied to goals, objectives, metrics and outcomes
- Budget and program management skills
Our Core Values
- Customers come first. Period.
- Honesty. Always.
- Accountability for all we say and do.
Zimbra powers collaboration for the way you work. Zimbra connects people and information with unified collaboration software that includes email, calendaring, file sharing, activity streams, social communities and more. With technology designed for social, mobile and the cloud, Zimbra gives individuals the flexibility to work from virtually anywhere, through nearly every computer, tablet and mobile device.
Zimbra is trusted by more than 5,000 companies, service providers and government agencies including global brands such as NTT Communications, Comcast, Dell, Investec, Rackspace, Red Hat, Mozilla, VMware, H&R Block and Vodafone. With its vibrant open source community and worldwide partner network, Zimbra is the third largest collaboration provider in the world. Zimbra is privately held with corporate headquarters in Frisco, Texas and offices in San Mateo, California; London; Tokyo; Singapore and Pune, India. For more information, visit Zimbra.com or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job requisition number in the subject line of your email.