Business Development Representative
Sales and Customer SolutionsFrisco, TX
Requisition ID: 2014014 & 2014015 & 2014016
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to
aggressively grow Zimbra's new opportunity pipeline. The Business
Development Representative is responsible for conducting outbound
Business Development to potential new customers with the objective of
creating marketing qualified leads for the sales organization. This
will often, but not always be associated with setting up an initial
meeting between the prospect and the assigned Account Executive.
The successful candidate will be results oriented and possess strong
business acumen. This role will report to the North American sales
organization. Responsibilities will include:
- Become knowledgeable in Zimbra's products and services to effectively articulate the value proposition to potential customers
- Create and uncover sales opportunities in both new and existing accounts through well-planned demand generation efforts
- Make extensive use of outbound calling to generate customer interest and setup meetings for the sales organization
- Maintain daily activities in Salesforce, tracking interactions with prospects and customers
- Provide daily/weekly updates to manager on individual activity
- Interact regularly with all areas of Marketing and Sales, including
Marketing Operations team, to discuss the lead qualification process,
and recommend improvements for each marketing campaign
- Work closely with the Marketing team in developing new ways to increase awareness of Zimbra's products and services
- The ability to interact professionally and reliably with senior
level executives within and outside the company, as well as with
customers, vendors etc.
- Strong individual drive – a team player with a sense of responsibility, task ownership, and with strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work
- Flexible and proactive in adapting to a variety of challenges and multi-tasking
- Proficient with MS Office, Salesforce.com knowledge a plus
- Bachelor's degree
Our Core Values
- Customers come first. Period.
- Honesty. Always.
- Accountability for all we say and do.
Zimbra powers collaboration for the way you work. Zimbra connects people and information with unified collaboration software that includes email, calendaring, file sharing, activity streams, social communities and more. With technology designed for social, mobile and the cloud, Zimbra gives individuals the flexibility to work from virtually anywhere, through nearly every computer, tablet and mobile device.
Zimbra is trusted by more than 5,000 companies, service providers and government agencies including global brands such as NTT Communications, Comcast, Dell, Investec, Rackspace, Red Hat, Mozilla, VMware, H&R Block and Vodafone. With its vibrant open source community and worldwide partner network, Zimbra is the third largest collaboration provider in the world. Zimbra is privately held with corporate headquarters in Frisco, Texas and offices in San Mateo, California; London; Tokyo; Singapore and Pune, India. For more information, visit Zimbra.com or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job requisition number in the subject line of your email.